Whether you have a taste for the latest songs or you prefer to listen to educational material while going to work, having a good stereo in your car is like having a companion to drive with. Without this, you may have went crazy from hours of sitting in traffic. While modern cars come with basic built-in stereo systems, they do not have all the features a premium stereo would have.
If you are looking for the right stereo for your car, you will probably be overwhelmed by the number of options you can choose from. From simple sound stereos to more advanced all-in-one stereos with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, there’s a wide range of different stereos to choose from in the market. There’s no need to spend the whole day looking through hundreds of different brands to find the best car stereo brand. Here are the top 10 car stereo brands that are guaranteed to provide you with an unforgettable sound experience:
Top 10 Best Car Stereo
1. Sony RSX-GS9 GS-Series
When it comes to electronics and entertainment systems, Sony has always been on top in terms of quality and innovation. It’s no wonder they have come up with one of the best car stereo systems as well. The Sony RSX-GS9 GS-Series is one of the most advanced stereo options available in the market today. With Bluetooth connectivity and the Song Pal app, you can play any audio directly from your phone, laptop or I-pad. It also has a USB port that supports most file types so you won’t have to worry about incompatibility.
One of the best things about the Sony GS series is its car friendly design. The rigid structure is perfectly suited for preventing the car vibrations from interfering with the audio system. There’s an audio tweaking option that you can use to adjust your volume settings which can be adjusted through remote control. The large volume knob is perfectly suited for adjusting the volume while driving. If you are looking for a quality car stereo with all the latest features, then the Sony GS series is the best option.
- Bluetooth and app connectivity for ease of playing songs through your phone
- Compatible with all sound file types with quality controls
- Robust design, large audio adjustment knob and Wi-Fi remote
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Dimensions: 10.2 x 8.9 x 3.9 inches
- Output: 96kHz/48kHz
2. Kenwood Single DIN In-Dash Stereo Receiver
Another reputable brand in car stereo systems, Kenwood has provided users with a cheaper alternative. While it may not have a few minor features, it also contains most of the features required for a complete stereo system. The 13- digit LCD screen can connect to both Apple and android devices via USB. Kenwood has also provided proper integration with different online apps such as Spotify, so you can play your favorite tunes on the go.
The drive woof and bass boost are also some of the additional features that make it one of the premium car stereos. It also has a complete Bluetooth package with remote control and a Bluetooth speaker. This helps provide a hands free experience with the highest sound quality. When it comes to quality, then Kenwood has a history of providing great sound systems at an affordable price and the Kenwood Single DIN In-Dash Stereo Receiver is no different. With a power of 50 watts x 4, you won’t have to worry about sound quality at all.
- Compatible with both android and Apple devices via USB
- Great sound quality with adjustable subwoofer level and drive EQ
- Significant power output for optimal performance
- Weight: 3.38 pounds
- Dimensions: 6.22 x 7.17 x 2.09 inches
- Output: 50 watt x 4 channels
3. Pioneer In-Dash Single-DIN Car Stereo Receiver
Pioneer has a well-known name in the car audio industry, and for a good reason too. It offers a wide variety of car stereos on the market and this specific unit is not only affordable but also provides the customer with 50 watts x 4 channels of power output. It offers a wide variety of features including a wireless remote control, MP3 and WMA playback and Advanced Sound Retriever technology. It is a single DNI head unit with a well segmented LCD display for extra convenience.
Pioneer has really stepped up their performance with this stereo in order to rival the latest models from other well reputed brands, and they have not disappointed. Customers can now customize their sound through high-pass and low-pass filter settings, subwoofer control and a 5-band graphic equalizer. Audio reproduction can be enhanced up to 20 kHz frequencies to provide a warmer and clearer listening experience.
- Offers both MP3 and WMA Playback
- Allows for sound customization, providing a quality personal experience
- Sound output rivals that of premium car stereos
- Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 7 x 2 x 6.5 inches
- Output: 20 kHz
4. Kenwood DMX957XR
While a built in car stereo system has its perks, technology has progressed rapidly in the past few years and car stereo systems have begun adopting a more modern design. The Kenwood’s DMX957XR is one of the more advanced car stereo systems with a touchscreen control panel and integration with Bluetooth, WI-Fi and Android Auto. This being said, it can connect with most android and Apple apps such as Spotify, Pandora and Tidal.
You can even connect it to the Apple ITunes and your android phone’s playlist. The only catch is that it does not have the capacity for a CD. However, with advanced connectivity and Wi-fi integration, you will be able to access your favorite songs with ease. If you need to transfer files physically, then it’s always better to use a USB, if you don’t have connectivity.
With Apple Car Play and Android Auto, you can connect your stereo system to the app and take hands free calls while driving. Because Kenwood is a leader in the manufacturing of quality sound systems, you can expect this stereo system to last for a few years.
- Full Wi-Fi and Bluetooth integration with space for a USB port
- Connects to Apple Car Play and Android Auto to provide a hands free call facility
- Excellent sound quality and vibration protection
- Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Dimensions: W x H: 152.1 mm x 79.5 mm, 5-63/64 x 3-1/8 inch
- Output: 22Wx4
5. Sony XAVAX1000 Apple CarPlay
It’s unlikely that you’ll see a Sony product designed specifically for an IPhone app, but this is exactly what the Sony XAVAX1000 Apple CarPlay is made for. With advanced integration with Apple CarPlay, this stereo set is guaranteed to blow your mind away. If you are an Apple user, then it should be our first option. It fits perfectly into the dashboard of most cars and has an easy-to-use user interface. Although, you miss out on a CD disc space, you’ll get multiple features to replace it.
The wide 6.3 inch touchscreen is perfectly suited to help you change to different songs and channels while you are driving and the settings allow you to take hands-free calls. Simply connect your wireless earphone or you can use the microphone that comes with this set to handle calls on the go. With a power output of 55 W, you are guaranteed a powerful sound system for your car. While this car stereo system should preferably be connected to an Apple device, it is compatible with most music platforms and you won’t have any issues playing your file if they are on an android device. It provides the perfect integration between a great sound system and modern apps.
- Full integration with Apple CarPlay to help you play all you favorite songs with ease
- Great hands free call experience through microphone and speakers
- Clear sound quality and high power output
- Weight: 1.98 lb
- Dimensions :(W x H x D): 7.01″x3.94″x5.55″
- Output: 55 W
6. ATOTO A6 Double DIN Android Car Navigation Stereo
The name says it all. The ATOTO A6 car stereo is one of the most advanced stereos available. While most stereos systems have single DIN, this one has double. It is great for you if you have a taste for high sound quality and love to mix it up a bit. It doubles up as a navigation system as well and can connect to Google Maps and other navigation systems for increased accuracy. With double Bluetooth capacity and a 45 Watts x 4 channel power, you can expect great things from this stereo system.
Made to integrate with an Android OS system, it provides a great playback experience while on the go. You can easily play your favorite tracks via Bluetooth or transfer it from a USB. While this stereo system does not have space for a CD disk, there are many ways to get around this. You can store more audio through the micro SD card slot and make use of any of the three USB slots to play your audio. Unlike other stereo systems, it has full integration with a GPS system and Google Maps, so you won’t have to install a separate navigation system.
- Dual Bluetooth, three USB slots and a micro SD card slot for ample storage
- Fully integrated GPS system with advanced antenna and Google Maps connection
- Fully connected with android OS system to provide a wireless, hands free experience
- Weight: 3.79 pounds
- Output: 45 Watts x 4 channel power
7. Kenwood DNX997XR full integrated Car stereo system
One of the latest stereo systems in the market, the Kenwood DNX997XR is simply ahead of its time. If you are looking for the perfect combination of quality and technology, then you should definitely consider installing this stereo system in your car. Although the price might be more than the average stereo system, it is generally regarded as the best modern car stereo system and is worth every cent. Just considering the 6.8 inch HD touch screen panel and 4 separate camera inputs will blow your mind away. If that’s not enough, the Kenwood DNX997XR comes with Garmin navigation and a 3D terrain view to give you the best navigation experience.
In terms of connectivity, it is fully compatible with both the android Auto systems as well as Apple CarPlay to give you the best hands-free sound control while driving. With the built-in radio tuner, you can listen to your favorite stations with complete HD audio. It’s no surprise that many people regard it as the best car stereo system available.
- Garmin navigation system with 3D view for easy navigation
- HD sound quality and built-in radio tuner for optimal sound output
- Compatible with both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for the optimal connectivity
- Weight: 5.5lb
- Dimensions: W x H: 152.1 mm x 79.5 mm, 5-63/64 x 3-1/8 inch
- Display system: AAS LCD panel
Why it’s The Best Choice: (Recommended)
The Kenwood DNX997XR stereo system outperforms all other stereo systems in terms of output capacity, storage and performance. Considering the fact that it comes with 4 HD cameras and an advanced 3D navigation system, there’s not much more that you can expect from a stereo system. Its sound quality is also unmatched amongst car stereo systems. If you are looking for a stereo system that has it all, then this should be your first choice.
8. JVC Built-In Bluetooth Dual Phone Connection Car Stereo Player
If you are looking for an optimal studio system that will come under your budget then you should consider looking at the JVC Built-In Bluetooth Car Stereo Player. It contains everything a reliable car stereo should have and does not cost a fortune either. JVC has been a popular brand in the sound systems industry for many years, so you can be sure of getting a great quality product. With a power output of 50 Watt x 4, it rivals any premium car stereo system in terms of power output.
One reason many people prefer to use this stereo system is because it has a CD slot, unlike many other modern car stereos. It’s also well known for having a great sound adjustment and high quality sound output. Other significant features include dual phone connection, Voice recognition systems and remote audio and channel control. While it may seem like a simple stereo, you’ll be amazed at the amount of advanced features that this stereo has.
- Fully integrated with android apps and hands free phone calls
- Connects with two phones simultaneously for easy sharing of songs
- High output of 50 Watt x 4 channels and clear HD audio
- Weight: 2.89 pounds
- Dimensions: 9.7 x 4.5 x 10.8 inches
- Output: 5 Watt x 4 channels
9. Pioneer Digital Media Receiver
This is another advanced Stereo system by Pioneer. It is compatible with most smartphones and provides a complete car stereo experience. The best thing about this stereo system is that it won’t eat up your budget and contains all the necessary features for a good stereo. Not only is it compatible with both Android and Apple systems, it runs most music apps such as Spotify, Pandora and Mixtrax.
In addition to this, you’ll find a USB port, Bluetooth feature and Smart Sync App support in this stereo system. You can stream your favorite audio tracks with the hands-free Bluetooth streaming option. It also provides a hands-free audio system to help you manage calls while driving.
- Built in Bluetooth hands free control to allow you to adjust different controls while driving
- Integrated with the Pioneer App for ease of access
- Best value for money and attached warranty
- Weight: 1.65 pounds
- Dimensions: 9 x 7 x 4 inches
- Output: 5o Watts x 4 channel power output
10. Boss Audio BV9358B Car DVD Player
No car stereo list would be complete without including the Boss Audio BV9358B Car DVD Player. Not only does it provide all the features of an advanced audio system, it comes with a DVD as well. No other stereo system combines a modern touch screen LED with a simple design as much as this one. With a 6.2 inch display and a fully integrated remote control system, you will have the best sound experience while travelling.
Most modern cars have audio control buttons as part of the steering wheel and the Boss Audio BV9358B system takes full advantage of this. It is compatible with the audio control buttons of most car makes, which allows you to keep your hands on the steering wheel and adjust the sound controls at the same time. With a power output of 80 Watt x 4 channels and a volume equalizer function, you can be sure to have the best audio experience possible.
- Complete Bluetooth connectivity and additional USB ports
- Connects to the cars audio control buttons for smooth driving
- CD compatibility and high sound quality
- Weight: 2.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 6.6 x 6.6 x 2.4 inches
- Output: 60 Watt x 4 channels
Criteria for Selection of the Best Car Stereo Systems
- Sound quality: This is the first thing that you would look for in any stereo system. A good stereo system not only produces great sound quality, it also eliminate vibrations and other sound distractions to ensure a smooth audio experience.
- Accessibility: A car stereo system should be accessible without having to constantly fiddle with the controls as it distracts you from driving. The better the hands free system the stereo has, the easier it will be to operate while driving.
- Audio mixing and sound adjustment: All good stereo systems have adjustable controls that allow you to mix the sound systems according to your taste. The speakers play a major role in the sound quality as well.
- Other features: A stereo system is great, but a stereo system with built in navigation is even better. The more features your stereo system has, the better expedience it will provide during a trip.
The Bottom Line
So, whether you are looking for something to keep you alive while you are stuck in traffic or you have a unique taste for music, there’s a stereo system to suit your needs. With so much integration and connectivity, good stereo systems have the ability to transform your travels into memories. We recommend you to take into account all the above-mentioned criteria for selection of best car stereo brands and find you way into an awesome experience of music while traveling.