Oil Drain Pans are designed to avoid any inconvenience and mishandling to drain and dispose of vehicle engine oil. These plastic drain pans are an effective and comprehensive solution to protect your garage floors from oil spillage. While there are a number of drain pans with different design and capacity – we have picked and reviewed the top 10 best Oil Drain Pan options for you.
Top 10 Best Oil Drain Pans 2020
1. Hopkin’s FloTool Oil Drain Pan
Hopkins’ FloTool Oil Drain Pan is specifically designed to bring the real sense of ease to vehicle oil change. Whether you want to change your engine oil, check the current automotive fluid level, or simply refilling the antifreeze, FloTool is the right fluid handling product for all applications.
With enough fluid capacity of 16 Quart, FloTool allows two times full oil change! What makes this oil drain pan the best among all is how it combines the two essential oil changing tools into one single product. It serves as both the ‘drip tray’ offering a wide area to catch the drawing oil and ‘container’ to hold the used fluid securing with the help of leak-proof caps.
FloTool makes engine fluid disposal ten folds easier as compared to other products – as it allows upright and flat storage. The integration of comfortable ‘carry handles’ makes the whole fluid changing process quite convenient.
- Wide area drip tray to catch the full stream of drawing oil.
- Ergonomic, leak-proof design featuring handles & storage caps.
- Upright or flat storage.
- Weight: 2.49 pounds
- Dimensions: 17.25 x 20 x 6 inches
- Capacity: 16 Quart – 42003MI
2. Lisle 17942 4.5-Gallon, Black Oil Drain Pan
Another amazing option for preventing unwanted oil spills. Lisle’s Black Oil Drain Pan is one of the cheaper options available in the market, but its quality is unmatched. The simple design makes it easy for you to change oil, especially if you don’t have that much experience. With so many different options out there, most people will go for the one that’s easier to use. The best thing about this oil drain pan is its wide drain lip. This allows more room for error and reduces any chances of spillage.
If you are just trying it out or you are not an experienced professional, you can benefit from the user friendly features of Lisle Oil Drain Pan. Taking into account the 4.5 gallon capacity, you won’t have to worry about the oil overflowing. It also has handles so you don’t risk spilling the oil when moving the pan.
In addition to this, it has a large spout that helps direct the flow of oil into the disposal container. If you are still new to oil changing and are looking for a cheap and beginner friendly oil pan, then the Lisle Oil Drain Pan is for you. It has most of the features of a premium drain pan at an affordable price.
- Wide drain lip to catch the oil better and remove any spillage
- Baffles to prevent oil from spilling out when transporting the pan
- Attached handles for easy transport
- Capacity: 4.5 gallon
- Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Dimensions: 18.5 x 22.75 x 6.6 inches
3. Lumax LX-1632 15 Quart Drainmaster Drain Pan
If you are looking for a premium drain pan with all the required features for easy oil change, then Lumax LX-1632 15 Quart Drainmaster is just what you may need. It has one of the largest openings which allow you to fill it with oil with enough space to cover up for any mistake. The best thing about this drain pan is its convenience. With a screw on lid, you’ll be able to remove the used oil with ease.
You can also store it with the lid facing downwards, without any fear of spilling oil. It removes the complication from oil changing and is perfectly suited for beginners and professionals alike. Everything from the handles to the screw on cap is made from heavy duty plastic to help prevent mess.
It’s no wonder most people regard the Lumax LX-1632 15 Quart Drainmaster as one of the most convenient drain pans. Lumax LX-1632 15 Quart Drainmaster contains all the features you will find in a premium oil pan. The wide opening and easy to transport design makes it the premium option for quick and mess free oil change. If you value convenience, then this should be your first choice.
- Large opening with easy to use screw on cap for easy oil transfer
- Direct drain feature to prevent mess caused by funnels
- High quality plastic to prevent leakage
- Capacity: 15 quarts
- Dimensions: 19 x 16 x 5 inches
- Weight: 2.49 pounds
4. Matrix Concepts Oil Drain Container
Matrix Concepts Oil Drain Container is one of the simplest and effective oil pan designs which is guaranteed to provide you with convenience on a different levels. It combines the storage and draining functions in a single product with the built in storage container. With a tight screw on cap and easy to transport design, it is perfect for storing used oil.
Unlike many other oil pans, it has a vertical handle, which makes it even easier to transport. There is a separate opening for pouring out the oil, which prevents any spillages during disposal. It might have a smaller storage capacity, but the large pan more than compensates for this.
If you have a smaller car and want to simplify the oil change process, then the Matrix Concepts Oil Drain Container is right for you. It is not that expensive either and combines the features of the premium models with the price of the simple ones to provide you with the most balanced option available.
If you are not servicing a heavy vehicle and need something that is easy to use and provides convenient storage, then Matrix Concepts Oil Drain Container has it all. The vertical storage design and easy to use handle make it stand out in terms of convenience.
- Built-in storage container for easy transport
- Separate openings for filling and emptying the container
- Large handle makes it easy to carry and store
- Capacity: 6 quarts
- Dimensions: 15.00 x 11.00 x 4.00 inches
- Weight: 1 pound
5. Goplus Portable Oil Drain Pan with Pump
With so many different options, it can be tough to choose between individual features of each oil drain pan. Goplus Portable Oil Drain Pan is a complete oil drain pan that combines all the features of an advanced drain pan into a single product. This oil drain pan is portable and stable, with 4 attached wheels for easy transport.
The streamlined design is perfect for sliding under cars and the large pan size allows you to drain the oil without creating a mess. The large t-shaped handle makes it easy to maneuver the drain pan and it can be folded for easy storage. With a massive 68 quart capacity and high-grade propylene material, this drain pan will work for any car.
The uniquely placed draining hose is what makes this oil drain pan stand out. You won’t have to worry about oil leaks or spillage during the entire process from draining the oil to disposing it efficiently.
If you have a large car or need an oil tray that lets you service two cars without having to dispose of the oil in between, then the Goplus Portable Oil Drain Pan with Pump is the best heavy duty oil drain pan available. You don’t even have to carry the drained oil thanks to the unique wheel design.
- Large pan size for spill-free drainage
- Attached wheels for easy transport
- Vertical foldable handle for added convenience
- Attached 8 inch hose for smooth disposal of the used oil
- Capacity: 68 quart
- Dimensions: 51 x 27.2 x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 38.5 lbs.
6. Garage BOSS oil drain pan with funnel
The Garage BOSS oil drain pan is yet another unique oil drain pan with additional features to make changing car fluids as smooth as possible. With most oil drain pans, you will have to give up something: capacity, disposal, built-in funnel or lid. However, the Garage BOSS oil drain pan has it all. With a streamlined design and a height of only 4 inches, it is easy to store on a shelf, box, etc.
The tight lid clamp prevents any spoilage from occurring, giving you peace of mind when storing and transporting the used oil. However, the built-in funnel is definitely a first. It fits onto the oil drainage hole easily and you won’t have to worry about spillage. The funnel is detachable as well for easy cleaning.
If you can’t jack your car high up, or you have a smaller car, then this oil drain pan is perfect for you. However, the capacity of 12.5 quart is more than enough to keep the oil of larger cars such as SUVs and trucks. Most oil change drain pans require an external funnel to ensure that the oil does not spill. However, Garage BOSS has created a pan with a built-in funnel for an efficient oil change. The sleek design is great for smaller cars as you won’t need to jack it up to change the oil.
- Built-in funnel for a smooth oil change
- Sleek design fits under most cars
- Large storage capacity for servicing large cars
- Capacity:12.5 quart
- Specifications: 21.5 x 3.5 x 15.75 inches
- Weight: 3.14 pounds
7. Cpari Tools CP21023 Oil Drain Pan
Sometimes, it’s the simplest of tools that help you get the job done. If you are a professional and you don’t need a fancy oil change pan, but one that works, then consider the Capri Tools CP21023 Oil Drain Pan. It might seem simple at first, but there are many built-in features that make oil change a breeze, with the added benefit of being light on your pocket.
The 23-inch diameter of this pan is enough to prevent oil from spilling out, not to mention the grooves that prevent the oil from splashing around. Made from heavy-duty polyethene material, it is perfectly suited for handling car oil, antifreeze as well as other liquids.
That’s not all. The built-in foldable handle makes it easy to carry and the anti-splash lip is perfect for preventing any oil from spilling out. It’s simple but effective. If you don’t need a fancy oil change pan, but won’t compromise on quality either, then Capri Tools CP21023 Oil Drain Pan is right for you. The large capacity strong material makes it a bargain for professionals and DIY enthusiasts.
- Anti-splash lip prevents spillage
- Wide diameter stores more oil
- High-quality polyethene makes it easy to clean afterwards
- Capacity: 4.5 gallons
- Dimensions: 58.4 x 48.3 x 15.2 cm
- Weight:1.75 pounds
8. ATD Tools Black Drain Pan
ATD Tools have also created a simple oil drain pan that has become quite popular among professionals. This pan is simple and well designed. The 15.25 in diameter is more than enough to help you drain oil directly without the need for a funnel. This takes a lot of the mess out of the oil drainage process.
The specially designed grooves and anti-splash lip are both simple features that go a long way to prevent spillage. This oil drain pan has some of the most easy-grip molded handles which allows you to carry the oil without having to worry about spillage. Best of all, it comes with an 18-quart capacity, making it suitable for all types of cars.
Unlike other fancy oil change pans, this one won’t hurt your budget and is quite simple to use. Considering the fact that most people want a simple, easy to use oil drain pan that comes in their budget, the ATD Tools drain pan is just what you need. The simplicity of this product makes it easy for anyone to use, whether it’s your first time changing the oil, or you are professional.
- Wide spout minimizes the risk of spillage
- Molded handles are perfect for carrying it without risking a spillage
- The anti-splash lip also ensures that the oil does not fall out during the drainage process
- Capacity: 18 quart
- Dimensions: 2 x 3 x 4 inches
- Weight: 8 ounces
9. ADT Tools Heavy Duty Drain Tub
This is another great innovative product by ADT Tools. This heavy-duty oil drain pan is perfect for larger vehicles such as SUVs, trailers and trucks. The 30-quart capacity allows you to drain oil from large engines without having to worry about spillage. The smart design allows you to drain oil into a pan before it collects in the tub below. This makes it easy for professionals to separate nuts, caps and other parts from the oil.
It is commonly used by professionals in the car servicing industry, although it’s simple enough for anyone to use. This drain pan/tub combination ensures that you get the job done with one product, rather than using a pan and tub separately. This also prevents the chances of oil loss. If you are looking for a heavy-duty oil drain pan, then this is your best option. With a quality guarantee from ADT Tools, you won’t have to worry about low capacity again.
- Combined tray and tub for two-part oil drainage
- Large 30 quart capacity for bigger engines
- The flat tray can be used to filter out tools and other parts
- Capacity: 30 quart
- Dimensions: 27.80 x 21.30 x 7.60 inches
- Weight: 4.19 pounds
10. ARKSEN Portable Waste Oil Drain Tank
If you are operating a professional service or have a heavy vehicle with a large engine capacity, then the ARKSEN Portable Waste Oil Drain Tank is for you. Although it is commercial grade with a larger capacity than most oil drain pans, it is not that complicated to operate. The 80-quart capacity can drain oil from several large vehicles before you need to empty it out.
It uses an air compressor system to move the used oil into a disposable container. This whole process is quite clean and you won’t risk spilling a single drop of oil. While this is certainly not going to be in everyone’s budget, it is still the most advanced oil drain system in the market.
- Large 80 quart capacity for draining several cars’ oil
- Portable design for easy transportation
- Vacuum extracting system removes every drop of used oil
- Capacity: 80 quart
- Dimensions: 36 x 18 x 18 inches
- Weight: 36.9 pounds
Best Oil Drain Pan Choice?
With elongated basins, Hopkins Flo Tool Oil Drain Pan is the perfect tool to protect oil spillage on the floor. Moreover, the super duty container featuring leak-proof caps and comfortable handles along with the 16-Quart capacity are what make FloTool the ideal solution for managing engine fluids!
Criteria for Best Selection of Oil Drain Pan – Buying Guide
When it comes to choosing the best oil drain pans, there are a few things that you may need to keep in mind to ensure that you get the best product for your particular needs.
- Capacity: This is the first thing that you should check before choosing a product. If you have a large car such as an SUV, then choosing an 8 quart drain pan may not be the best option. Always look at the capacity to see if it meets your requirements. You can do this by looking at how much oil goes into your car and adding a little bit extra for good measurement.
- Durability: What material is the pan made from? High quality plastic is much better for oil draining as it is easy to clean and does not get stained. Always keep this in mind when choosing the right oil drain pan.
- Ease of storage: Does the pan have built-in storage? Does it have a lid? These are some important things to consider before buying an oil drain pan. Some features may not be essential, but wheels and a tight fitting lid are great for safely transporting and storing used oil.
The Bottom Line
When servicing your car, oil spillages are something that any car owner hates. Most oil stains are everlasting and may require special treatment to be removed so it is much better to have a high quality oil drain pan when changing your car’s oil. Whether you need something with a large capacity, or a simple pan to use for a single car, there’s always something to suit your particular needs. We recommend the best oil drain pan Hopkins Flo Tool for your all oil changing needs as it is very high quality all-in-one tool.